Packaging and labelling
The packaging of tubular products and trunk pipeline equipment (fittings and valves) meets the requirements of applicable standards and specifications. ChelPipe Group works with each partner individually, and develops custom packaging solutions for specific customer requirements.
The main elements of packaging solutions for tubular products and trunk pipeline equipment are:
- Bundling pipes as packages weighing up to 5 tonnes;
- Putting pipeline fittings on pallets and wrapping them with stretch film, or packing in a wooden box;
- Plugging the end faces of pipes and parts to protect inner surface from contaminants;
- Applying protective lubricants or protective coating;
- Using nipples and rings to protect the ends of threaded pipes and couplings;
- Sealed packaging based on polymer materials with the addition of corrosion inhibitors;
- Saddles for fittings and pipe bundles and wooden pallets for valves to ensure safe product placement during transportation and storage in warehouses.
ChelPipe Group specialists pay much attention to the development of product labelling technologies. Their seek to simplify product identification and verification of technical parameters for customers, provide additional protection against counterfeiting, introduce unified standards for the labelling of all ChelPipe Group products, and the implement a unified corporate identity.
The labelling of pipe products and main pipeline equipment conforms to the regulatory and technical documentation for the products, and in most cases includes the ability to apply labels by one or more standardised methods: indelible paint, metal branding, label, or tag for products shipped in batches.
The standard labelling specifies:
- Manufacturer name
- Main technical parameters
- Product Technical Regulations
- A unique number (of the pipe, bundle, part, etc.) according to the manufacturer's identification and tracking system
- Date of the acceptance of products for shipment
- Other information as agreed with the customer